Baked Garlic Herb Salmon With Lemon Dill Sauce
August 06, 2022
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 C). If cooking on a baking sheet, line with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. If using a skillet, ensure it’s oven safe (we prefer cast iron) and lightly oil and rub to coat. (Fish can stick to stainless steel pans, so we recommend using cast iron if possible.)
- Prepare salmon by briefly rinsing under cold water and patting dry with a paper towel (this is an optional step, but recommended).
- Once dry, drizzle both filets with a little oil and season each with a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Next sprinkle on dill and top with fresh lemon slices (this is mostly for visual effect, but it also helps keep the fish more moist and infuses lemon flavor).
- If cooking in a skillet: Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add a little oil. Then add salmon filets and sear on the underside for 2-3 minutes — this speeds the baking time and also makes the skin crispier and easy to peel away. Transfer to the preheated oven and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked (check by cutting into the center of one of the filets). Set aside until serving.
- If cooking on a baking sheet: Transfer seasoned salmon directly to the parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked (check by cutting into the center of one of the filets). Set aside until serving.
- Meanwhile, prepare garlic sauce by adding hummus, lemon, dill, and garlic to a small mixing bowl and stirring to combine. Then add water a little at a time until a semi-thick, pourable sauce is achieved. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon for acidity, garlic for zing, or dill for herbal flavor. Add salt if needed, though we don’t find that it does. Set aside.
- Serve with vegetables or grains of choice and Garlic Dill Sauce. The slices of lemon can be gathered to the side and squeezed over top of the fish for more flavor.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat on a hot skillet or in the microwave until warmed through, or enjoy cold on salads or sandwiches.
How to get started on the Anti-Inflammatory Diet?
☑ Easy to Follow Daily Challenges
☑ Commit to a Pain-Free Life For Only FREE
☑ Everything You Need To Know To Get Started
The anti-inflammatory diet entails eating foods that have been proved to combat inflammation while also avoiding items that have been shown to contribute to it. Get the guide and challenge to start and commit to your new lifestyle with the Anti-Inflammatory Diet For Beginners Challenge today!