Salmon With Scallion Ginger Sauce
- For the Ginger-Scallion Sauce
- 1 large bunch scallions (about 4 oz)
- 1-oz piece of ginger, peeled (about two thumbs) and chopped into ½ inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp dried garlic
- sea salt, to taste
- optional: fresh ground black pepper, to taste*
- ½ - ¾ cup avocado oil*
- For the Salmon
- 4, 5-6 oz pieces of salmon
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by making your sauce: Chop the roots off the scallions and wash them so there’s not dirt or grimey pieces on them. Chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Put the ginger and scallions in the food processor and pulse until they’re finely chopped, but not a paste.
- Pull out a large, heatproof bowl. A REALLY large one, bigger than you think you need. Probably the size you would use to toss a salad for about 10 people in. Put the scallions and ginger into the bowl.
- Heat the avocado oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until very hot, but not popping or smoking. Mine took about 3 minutes.
- Carefully pour the avocado oil into your large bowl - it’s going to snap, crackle and pop big time, so you may want to step back! This will stop in about a few seconds. Use a wooden spoon to stir. Once the sauce cools for a few minutes, taste and add the coconut aminos, garlic, and a small pinch of salt to taste. Set aside while you make the salmon.
- When the oven is ready, heat a cast iron or other oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp coconut oil for 2 minutes, so it gets really hot.
- Season the salmon on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 4 minutes.
- Take the salmon out, carefully flip the fillets over, and cook for another minute in the oven. You want the fish to still be slightly pink in the middle - think of cooking a burger to about medium - instead of overcooking it so it’s completely dried out!
- Move the salmon to a plate and test out the middle with a fork - if it flakes easily, it’s done!
How to make easy-and-delicious meals in minutes on an Anti-Inflammatory Diet?
We do recommend getting The Anti-Inflammatory Diet For Beginners Club .
It's a monthly Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan with grocery lists, countless recipes, discounts, and perks.
Let us take all the hard work out of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet for you! Hundreds of people are experiencing the same struggle you’re going through right now.
☑ Countless Delicious Recipes
☑ Includes Weekly Plans & Food Diary Guide
☑ Exclusive Perks & Discounts
Start your anti-inflammatory lifestyle with the Anti-Inflammatory Diet For Beginners Club ⬇️⬇️