Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup water
- 2 fresh artichokes, stems and top 2" cut off
- 1 tablespoon solid cooking fat
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and arrange the artichokes, cut side up on the steaming rack. Close and lock the lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes. When the timer goes off, use the quick release method to release the pressure and allow to cool. (Alternatively, you could steam your artichokes on the stovetop for about 45 minutes, or until the leaves come off easily).
- While the artichokes are cooking, place the solid cooking fat in the bottom of a skillet on medium heat. When the fat is melted and the pan is hot, add the onions, and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spinach in batches and stir until all wilted and cooked, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium bowl to cool.
- When the artichokes have cooled enough to handle, remove and discard the toughest outer leaves. When you get to the tender leaves, reserve them for eating with the dip later. Work your way until you get to the fuzzy "thistle" part of the artichoke. Cut it in half, top to bottom, and then remove the fuzzy bits from the inside, being careful to preserve as much of the heart (soft inner bits) as possible. Once you have done this for both hearts, mince them and add them to the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, coconut yogurt, nutritional yeast, and sea salt, and stir to combine.
How to make easy-and-delicious meals in minutes on an Anti-Inflammatory Diet?
We do recommend getting The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan .
It's a monthly Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan, grocery lists and recipes to help you get started.
Let us take all the hard work out of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet for you! Hundreds of people are experiencing the same struggle you’re going through right now.
☑ Easy-to-Follow Recipes
☑ Includes Weekly Plans & Food Diary Guide
☑ Super Delicious Meals in Minutes
Get the guide and challenge to start and commit to your new lifestyle with The Complete Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan ⬇️⬇️