Creamy Golden Turmeric Hummus
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained*
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (~3 Tbsp or 45 ml as original recipe is written)
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic (minced // plus more to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated turmeric*
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper ( optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil (or sub water)
Add drained chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric, ground turmeric, salt, and cayenne (optional) to a blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides needed.
To create a creamier texture, add a bit of oil and/or (if avoiding oil) water. (I used 1 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp water).
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more garlic or ginger for spice/zing, lemon juice for acidity, salt for saltiness, grated turmeric for earthiness, or cayenne for spice. I added a bit more ground turmeric, lemon juice, and salt.
Serve as is or garnish with pine nuts, sesame seeds, or more spices. Parsley would also be a nice addition. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days
How to get started on the Anti-Inflammatory Diet?
☑ Easy to Follow Daily Challenges
☑ Commit to a Pain-Free Life For FREE
☑ Everything You Need To Know To Get Started
The anti-inflammatory diet entails eating foods that have been proved to combat inflammation while also avoiding items that have been shown to contribute to it. Get the guide and challenge to start and commit to your new lifestyle with the Anti-Inflammatory Diet For Beginners Challenge today!